Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GPS

I have a GPS system for my car.  I have GPS on my phone.  Now I want GPS for the golf course.  They have these real cool handheld GPS for golf courses.  It will tell you how far you are from the green, the pin, the pond, the trees or whatever.  It is really cool and I hope someday to find one laying in a fairway somewhere and have one because I know I can’t afford one.  So I will have to find one laying around somewhere…

But my point is that I like being led.  I like being warned about traffic, detours, sand traps, and trouble.  I like being told to turn right on Main Street and my destination is on the right or that the Par 3 is exactly 187 yards from where I am standing at the moment.  I like it because it eliminates trouble.  It lessens the chance of getting lost.  It lessens the chance of hitting the ball into the pond.  

I wish there was a GPS for planting a church.  It would be cool if I could point a GPS system out in Fernley and it would tell me where to plant the church, what to do, who to talk to, and what decisions to make.  But as I have found out, there is no GPS.  So many things that you do, you cringe as you do them.  You hope you don’t make a bad move, a poor decision, or miss a great opportunity.  

The answer?  God.  Simple I know, but the thing I need to remember that is that God is going to make this church successful, not me.  I can’t think so highly of myself that I believe I am going to make this church successful.  It is only God who will make this church successful.  I want Him to take the controls of Journey Community.  He will ensure success.

Now, I wish He would take the controls of my golf game too…

Take care,

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment