Monday, April 6, 2009

Opening Day

Opening Day of Baseball is one of the greatest days of the year.  It starts with fresh hope.  Last year’s disappointing season is a distant memory.  Now you got new players, a new energy, and renewed hope and confidence.  I love opening day. It’s like a fresh snow on Christmas.  You know how it’s so beautiful before it gets all messed up and slushy and dirty.  This is the year that my Reds are going to win the World Series.  Before you laugh at me, understand that as of today, they are tied for first place.   Anything is possible on opening day.

I think all of us need an opening day every once in a while.  You know, a time where our lives have a new chance to make a difference or to make an impact or to reach new goals.  Sometimes we need a time where everything is possible again. 

I am learning to hang on to the opening day we are experiencing right now.  When I think about our launch of Journey Community Church I get pretty pumped.  I mean, imagine a church without a political struggle.  Imagine a church without worn out traditions and sacred cows.  Imagine a church that truly exists to reach out to others in the name and love of Christ to see the broken healed and the hurting comforted.  I love opening day.  I am going to enjoy this time because…well, let’s not even think about it.

Play ball!!!!!

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment