Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Trailer

Yesterday Gay and I drove over to the Napa Valley region and picked up a trailer full of church supplies and much needed items for starting a church.  It was an adventure for me.  I am not used to hauling a trailer and yesterday I got to do it in the driving rain and through the mountains all while being overwhelmed with allergies, sneezing and hacking all the way home.  I am glad the trip is over and we didn’t have any incidents.  Today we are going to go through all the stuff, take inventory, find out what we can use and what we still need.  It’s like Christmas!! I am sure we will find some good stuff waiting for us in all those plastic bins and cabinets.  To quote Forrest Gump “Life is like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you’re gonna get.”  

All of this is just a microcosm of planting a church.  Doing things you have never done before while experiencing some opposition and trials.  But then at the end, you get to see what awaits you.  Some good and some not so good, but all in all, it’s worth the struggles.

Wow, I am not sure I should have gotten that out of a one day adventure with a trailer…take it easy Rod!

Take care,

Rod


No comments:

Post a Comment