Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lessons I'm learning #2

Lesson’s I am learning #2

As all of you know, planting a church is new to me.  And as I go down this road I believe I am learning a few things along the way.  So I though over the next few Blog’s I would share some of those lessons with you. 

Lesson #2: It’s up to me but it’s not because of me

Another thing I am learning in this process is that there is a lot of work to do and no one to delegate it to. 

Where ever I have served before I worked with a team, and together as a team, we would accomplish what needed to get done.  Here, it is Gay and I doing all of it.  If we don’t do it, it doesn’t get done.  That means the things I love like meeting people, strategizing, and dreaming.  But it also means the things I don’t love like administrative stuff and paperwork.  So in reality, it is up to me if things get done around here.  BUT, to be successful it will not be because of me.  Does that make sense?  I know the work needs to be done and if it will get done it will be up to me, but the church will only be successful because of God. 

Sometimes I get those mixed up and I think that this church will be successful because of all the work I do.  Nope, not true.  The church will be successful because God is at work in Fernley and He chooses to use Journey as part of his work.  There’s a balance that I am learning, that I should have learned a long time ago.  The church does not become successful by the work of man, but rather by the hand of God.  I pray daily for the work to get done and that God will bless Journey and allow us to be a FORCE in Fernley for His kingdom.  Please pray for that as well.

Thanks.

Take care,

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment