Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lesson's I've Learned # 3

You got to talk about money...a lot! I do not like talking about money. Especially when I know people are already giving to their church and other ministries. But you have to talk about it whether you like it or not because it is EXPENSIVE to plant a church. Just to have Sunday morning worship and some childcare for about 90 minutes could cost thousands of dollars per month. It makes my head swim. Then when you add all the stuff that God is laying on your heart to DO besides meet for worship each week, things like service projects, the Boys and Girls club, single mom car maintenance, tutoring, and community bridge building, it becomes a very EXPENSIVE endeavor. I don't like to ask, beg, or plead but it seems like I have to a lot. It's awkward and uneasy.
But then I remember that its not about me or about Journey Community. Its about the kingdom of God and the hearts of men. I don't ask people to give because I've got a big dream or some good ideas, or even because some people may like me enough to give. I ask and sometimes plead because its about the kingdom of God and the lost in Fernley Nevada. I love what I am doing and I am learning to love the people of Fernley. Actually that last part has come pretty easy. I prayed non-stop before I moved out here for a heart for Fernley, and God has answered that prayer.
So when you give...it's not about ME...huh, who'da thunk?
Take care. Thanks for giving to the kingdom of God for the lost of Fernley.
I love you in Christ.
Rod

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rod,

    I have been and will continue to pray for you in this Journey you have started. I am actually living a little bit vicarously through you because I feel you are really living out what God intends for the Church to be. A regeneration of the cells of the body to continue to help the body grow. I read through all of your blogs, and can see that you are really living and experiencing something that few followers are brave enough or obedient enough to live out! So I pray that you will be strong and courageous as you work towards living out God's will.......so hang in there brother. Just remember, no greater love......and you are really practicing that.

    ReplyDelete