Monday, June 8, 2009

The trip was a trip

Hey all,
Man, it has been a while. Sorry about the long delay but I do have a pretty good excuse...or excuses.
The first is simply that my computer crashed. I was afraid that I lost all my data, documents, and other favorites I had on my computer. After turning my laptop over to a man who I have never met before and he kept it for nearly two weeks, he was able to save all my stuff...yippee!!! But the laptop is officially gone. So I am borrowing one from the church that I received from the church in California that where we bought all that start-up equipment until I can save to buy myself a MAC! My daughter installed all of my stuff back on and I am rebuilding all my "favorites" on the internet and hopefully soon will be back to "normal."
The second reason is that last week I was on the road all week. Last Monday I flew back to Washington DC and on Tuesday began a 2581 mile trek with my daughter and her roommate Becky back here to Fernley. They are now living with us until they find jobs and then they will find a place of their own.
It was a great trip and God kept us safe and out of bad weather. It is so good to have the family back together again and now we've added another (a surrogate daughter) in Becky. We travelled through Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, part of Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, and Nevada. I won't name the states that bored me to tears. But if you ever had to drive through Iowa or Nebraska, you know what I am talking about.
But we are glad to be home and looking forward to this summer. Awesome stuff ahead and I look forward to sharing with you all that God is doing here in Nevada.
I promise to write more often now and to make them so much more interesting. Have a great day! We love and miss you all.
Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment