Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Balancing Faith and Practicality

We just made a decision that we will begin our worship services at the local High School. It means that we will not be meeting in the building that we have been praying about and been absolutely confident that God has called us to have since March. I have struggled with this decision because I am still very confident that the building is supposed to be the home of Journey. I can see, I can feel it, and I know it. But something I am even more confident about than where we are supposed to be is why we are here.
Ministry is much more important than any facility you could ever dream of occupying. I love this facility but I am called to love the people of Fernley more. Journey is about the community of Fernley and not about a building in the community of Fernley. Keeping my eyes on the reason we are here is what drove me to make this decision.
Now I get to go tell the owners of that building that we won't be able to rent it from them as soon as we had hoped. Pray for me...and them. Thanks.
Take care,
Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment