Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Things I miss from back home

I miss my family...mom and dad, brother Steve, and my sisters Deb and Joni. I miss all of them, my nieces and nephews...all of them. I am especially going to miss them this thanksgiving. That is my favorite time of year and the whole family gets together and enjoys my mom's fantastic Thanksgiving dinner, watching football and eating some of mom's famous coconut cream and butterscotch pies. I really am going to miss them this holiday season.
I miss the crisp fall weather. Leaves changing colors is a beautiful thing to see. I love the smell of burning leaves in the fall.
I miss Skyline Chili. It is Cincinnati style chili and it is AWESOME! Along those lines, I miss Krispy Kreme donuts, Five Guys Hamburgers, Tiajuana Flats Mexican food, and my mom's beans and cornbread. Are you seeing a theme here?
I miss my friends. Dave V, Jimmy, Bob S, Mark S, Mark G, Kevy K, Ernie V, and all my golfing buddies.
Things I won't miss are easy. I won't miss the gray skies from November to March. I won't miss all that snow and wet...yuck. I won't miss having to watch the Detroit Lions every Sunday. I won't miss a cold rain in late October.
Not sure what all this means to you...but I appreciate the opportunity to share.
Take care,
Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment