Friday, July 24, 2009

no more rants...maybe

Okay, okay, I know that my last blog was a complaining rag of discontent...and I am sorry...well sort of sorry. I mean, while there was some anger that caused me to write it because of what a friend is going through at the church where he serves, I probably was too negative...so I am sorry.
Today is a day to rest the mind and soul. I am reading this morning, blogging (obviously), and then getting together with another pastor in town and playing golf. I need days like today sometimes, don't you? I need to relax and let loose a little. Nothing sinful or decadent, just relaxing and not about work. It helps refresh me.
What do you do to get refreshed? I'd like to hear from you.
Well, it's short but that is all I am going to write today.
Take care,
Rod

1 comment:

  1. I used to play basketball to just get away. Good exercise with a bunch of friends. Now that I'm old (46) and am physically unable to play basketball anymore, I enjoy just sitting around, reading a good book or watching baseball (hopefully my Tigers, but the Indians do in a pinch). Just sitting and doing nothing and not having to think about anything or go anywhere is quite nice. Sue and I do go to a movie about once a month just to change things up. When it's soccer season, we will always take off work or let the chores go just so we can spend time watching our baby play soccer in College.

    ReplyDelete