Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Are you ever really sure?

I am a Minnesota Viking football fan (nothing to be too proud of I know). I am following the Brett Favre fiasco and I DO NOT want him on my team, he's a Packer and he always will be. However, he is trying to decide whether he "has it or not" to make it through the whole season. My first thought is that I wonder if you can really "know". I wonder if you can have the kind of confidence it takes to be completely sure you can do it.
I guess that came into my mind because I have those thoughts about all of this church planting stuff. Most mornings when I get up i have the same question. Can I do this? Earlier this week when I was talking with my friend, Todd, he reminded me that I shouldn't take too much of the blame when things go wrong because I might be tempted to take too much of the credit when things go right.
The thing is this, God makes things grow, not me, not you, not anyone besides God. Journey is in God's hand...right? What is there in your life that needs to be put in God's hands?
Take care,
Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment