Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Annoying

Do you have certain things that annoy you?  For me things like people leaving their shopping carts in the parking lot instead of walking them 10 feet over to the corral. I mean, come on people its ten feet! Another one is that guy Billy Mays…you know the guy who does all those infomercials about “KABOOM” and cleaning stuff.  Man is his voice loud and grating or what.  I also get annoyed with cell phone companies.  Their rules and regs are absolutely brutal.  They have contract obligations for everything.  It’s the modern day Gestapo.   A slow foursome on the golf course is another thing that annoys me.  In fact I am getting a little fired up just thinking about it.  (If you’re a golfer, you understand).

Being annoyed! Can that really be a sin? Or is it merely a slight personality flaw?   Being annoyed usually stems from being offended when people say or do things that do not suit us.  I am not sure it’s a sin, but I know it can lead to sin.  Anger is usually a result from allowing things that annoy us to take root and grow.  

Truthfully most things that annoy me are pretty small and petty.  When I learn to let them go and try to focus on more positive things my life seems to go pretty well.  So why do I hang on to them?  Because it doesn’t suit me, it doesn’t make me happy, it rubs me the wrong way.  I hang on to them because at those times I am self-centered.  Selfish might be more accurate.  

Now I am getting annoyed at me for getting so easily annoyed!  I’ll try to get better.


Take care,

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment