Sunday, June 5, 2011

How do you get ready to meet God on Sundays?

Just a little thought here. Are you ready to meet God on Sunday mornings at church? I mean, if the worship is doing the job, you will be ushered into the presence of God. If the pastor is doing his job, you will hear the voice and the will of God. If the Holy Spirit is doing His job (of all three components, this is the one that I am fully confident IS doing His job), then you will experience an attempt to get your attention to change, grow, continue, persevere, or whatever, but you can be confident God wants to interact with YOU.
So, are you ready? Do you prepare your heart BEFORE you show up at church? I used to have staff that would show up 15 minutes before church services would start. I challenged them to come and prepare for the people long before the people show up. Why? Because if I am not prepared to meet God today then how can I lead others to meet the Lord?
I like to get up real early on Sundays and go into the office and put the finishing touches on my message and read over it a few times to make sure I know it. Then, I spend at least an hour in worship. Just me and God with some help from my ITunes and various christian artists. I do this to prepare my heart to meet the Lord at Journey. I want to be prepared for the Lord to work in my life and in YOUR life. Why? Because I believe HE WILL! Do You? If you do, then get ready, prepare your heart and mind BEFORE you get to your church each and every Sunday. You are about to meet the KING OF KINGS!!
Take care,
Rod

2 comments:

  1. Such an easy comcept that is so easily over-looked. We get so busy "doing" Gods work, we forget to stop and listen to Him. Satan knows that if he can keep us busy enough, we won't make time for God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts...proud of our alumni (Great Lakes Christian College)! Keep up the good work. Love the golf theme! - Phil Beavers

    ReplyDelete